Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Terradillos de los Templarios

10 May 2016 - In territory of the Templars gets part of its name. Name from the fact that it once belong to The Order of the Knights Templar, who built a pilgrims hostel in this territory. Very small, old, rundown town with a natural beauty to it.

There are few legit ways to do the Camino, by bike, horseback, or the most common way of walking. To be entered into the records at the cathedral in Santiago and receive a certificate, you must have don't at least the last 100 miles before Santiago. Most start in Roncesvalles, Spain and on to Santiago, a small percentage start in Saint Jean Peid de Port, France and go on to Santiago, and then some take on extra miles and move on to Muxia and finish in Fisterra, known as "The Ends of the Earth" which is (my destination), God willing. However, my main objective is France to Santiago, then I'll press on to my secondary mission, Muxia, Fisterra.

Tomorrow continues very long stretches of trail with nothing in between but land and more land. Breaks many people down mentally and this is where many call it quits. I will continue to press on to the end.

I'll see if I can take more pictures before moving on tomorrow. With the rain today once I arrived, I did not feel like walking around :(..

.

No comments:

Post a Comment