Friday, May 13, 2016

Terradillos to El Burgo Ranero and Reliegoa

11 May- I remember what troops feel like now when you say you're going for a short run/hike, maybe 5 miles, and take them 10!!
I set out for a 23.5 K walk and went 43.7... When there's no room in the town you intended to stay you keep going until you find a place to crash for the night. Was raining off and on, cold, muddy, nothing to see, just open plains that went on like driving through Texas- only at a snails place. Finally asked myself, "Why???"
Well I know that answer, so quitting is not an option. Shin totally swollen, worst cold I've had in a few years, but it will all have to wait to be nursed Friday through Monday. Providing I hit Leon, which, God willing I will. Have had a planned 3 to 4 day stay in Leon before tackling the road of the Camino. Much needed.




1 comment: